Project NameBidvest Coolstores
ClientBidvest New Zealand
This project entailed the construction of a new 2,840 m2 food distribution centre. The building consisted of the following areas:
• controlled atmosphere store;
• Environmental load-out area (ELA);
• packing area;
• amenities area and
• associated plantrooms, canopies and loading areas.
This building also has a large concrete yard for loading in and out.
The building structure has a number of different structural makeup’s.
• Controlled Atmosphere Store: Wear slab over polystyrene, structural steel with PIR panel.
• Drystore: Structural steel frame with 2,000 high precast panels to the perimeter and colour steel cladding and roof.
• Environmental Load-out Area/Fresh Pack: Structural steel frame with an underslung steel structure supporting the PIR panel ceiling and walls, externally cladding with coloursteel.
• Office: Structural steel frame with timber infil and shopfront glazing, coloursteel roof.
• Plantroom: Blockwork with concrete roof and membrane linings.
• Canopies: Underslung PIR with membrane gutters.